Saved Hearts

HeartSine Defibrillator Saves Life of Australian Tourist

An Australian tourist visiting Cornwall nearly died after suffering a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) at The Land’s End Hotel.

The tourist collapsed without notice at the hotel’s entrance as he suffered a SCA. Fortunately, thanks to effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the immediate use of an on-site HeartSine samaritan® PAD Automated External Defibrillator (AED), the Australian’s life was saved.

In …

Read more »

Woman in Scotland Saved by Community Defibrillator

Doreen Scott from Crail, Scotland survived a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) attack thanks to a community HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED) located close to her home.

Scott suddenly collapsed without warning while at home after suffering a SCA. As soon as she collapsed, her daughter called the emergency services and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Scott’s husband then fetched the nearby …

Read more »

Australian Man’s Life Saved by Wife and Son

Earlier this year, while at home John Lucas suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) that that almost caused him to lose his life.

Fortunately, his household kept a HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on-hand, as his son was diagnosed with a heart problem that can lead to SCA.

When Lucas experienced the SCA, he suddenly collapsed on his bedroom floor. …

Read more »

German Middle School Student Saved by HeartSine Defibrillator

On November 13, 2014, Leon Franz from Ober-Lais in Germany suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) while in Physical Education class.

The twelve year old student suddenly collapsed as he went to tie his shoelaces. Immediately after, staff began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and administered a shock by the nearby HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED), which brought him back to life. Franz was …

Read more »

HeartSine Defibrillator Stored in Local Athletic Club Saves Life of Irish Woman

Anne Hanks of Rathvilly, Ireland recently experienced a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) while at home. Within minutes of Hanks collapsing and losing consciousness, her son-in-law and neighbor began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) while her daughter ran to the nearby GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) Club to retrieve its HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED).

Soon after, Hanks’ daughter returned with the defibrillator and …

Read more »

58-Year-Old Bowler Saved by HeartSine Defibrillator

Oskar Mahler, a 58-year-old man from Deuringen, Germany almost lost his life during a recent bowling match when he experienced a life-threatening sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) attack.

In the midst of a bowling match, without warning, Mahler collapsed to the ground and stopped breathing. His teammate, Walter Rittel, saw him fall and was quick to react by running to Mahler’s side and beginning cardiopulmonary …

Read more »

Jogger’s Life Saved by HeartSine Defibrillator and CPR

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015, a jogger in Singapore experienced a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) event when he suddenly collapsed and fainted in the midst of his run.

A passerby spotted the man on the pavement, called the paramedics, and immediately began conducting CPR on him while waiting for help. When the man realized that the jogger had no pulse or heart beat, …

Read more »

Joe Dunne, Dublin Runner

In this video, runner and sudden cardiac arrest survivor, Joe Dunne, talks about his near-death experience at Crusaders Athletics Club in Dublin. While training for the Barcelona Marathon, Joe felt pains and collapsed to the ground and had a sudden cardiac arrest. Luckily, there was a HeartSine automated external defibrillator (AED) nearby that was used to save his life. Joe …

Read more »

Eugene Duggan, Allied Irish Banks Staff Member

In this video, AIB staff member and sudden cardiac arrest survivor, Eugene Duggan, speaks about his near-death experience at his workplace. Due to a HeartSine automated external defibrillator (AED) and the training provided by Heartsafety Solutions, Eugene’s life was saved after two shocks were delivered to his heart. Shortly after the incident, Eugene was presented with an AED paid for …

Read more »

HeartSine Defibrillator Saves Dülmen Student

We were delighted to receive news that another life has been saved thanks to a HeartSine® defibrillator!

When 17 year-old student Jannik Sohn suddenly collapsed while at school due to a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), he was rescued with the help of a HeartSine AED (automated external defibrillator). The defibrillator had just been installed the week prior to the incident …

Read more »