HeartSine Technologies Ltd. is a professional and environmentally conscious organization, which acknowledges the impact that our product design, manufacture and use may potentially have on the environment. Our aim is to satisfy all applicable environmental requirements, including legislative and voluntary obligations that relate to our environmental aspects. The clear objective of HeartSine Technologies Ltd. is to minimize any impact on the environment by:
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practical, any potentially adverse environmental impacts
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring that wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna during our operations in the factory
- Designing our AEDs to consume least the amount of energy and reduce emissions, where possible
- Raising the awareness of environmental issues with our employees through training and communication of environmental matters
- Having in place control measures in relation to any significant aspects identified in our operations
- Promoting environmental awareness among our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
- Striving to reduce waste by practicing the “Hierarchy of Waste” discipline and adhering to all pertaining waste regulations, such as Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- Keeping up to date and complying with all relevant legislation and other requirements which relate to our environmental aspects and operations
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- Continually improving our Environmental Management System to enhance our environmental performance by meeting our environmental objectives
This policy shall be communicated to all employees and sub-contractors who are expected to co- operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own jobs, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environmental related matter.
HeartSine Technologies, which has received ISO 14001 certification, will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
The Senior Management Team has overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to company’s activities. This policy, which provides the framework for setting our environmental objectives, is made available to all interested parties and the general public, by displaying on our premises and on the company’s website.